Latihan Soal Bahasa Inggris Kelas IX SMP/MTs Kompilasi Terbaru
Berikut beberapa latihan soal bahasa Inggris untuk kelas IX SMP/MTs yang bisa kamu gunakan untuk bahan kerja kelompok atau latihan dirumah, jika ada yang tidak mengerti bisa diskusikan dengan guru atau teman yang sudah memahami.
Read the text answer questions 1 and 2
Rani, sorry I cant come to your house tonight to do the wall magazine project as we have planned. My grandmother has just come and she wants me to accompany her to my aunts house. I will meet you at school tomorrow.
1. What is Erika and Rani’s plan?
a. to say sorry
b. to meet Rani’s aunt
c. To accompany her grandmother
d. To do the wall magazine project together
2. From the short message we know that erika will be… tonight.
a. in her grandmother’s house
b. in her aunt’s house
c. in her own house
d. in Rani’s house
The following text is for questions number 3 to 5.
Most crabs have a (3) … shell to protect their bodies. The hermit crab has a soft body and no shell of is own. In order t0 (4) … it self, it will find an empty molluse shell and squeeze inside (5)… then with only its logs and head sticking old, it will walk arround the sea-bed searching for food.
6. What is the purpose of text above?
a. to teach the readers about special beverage
b. to tell the ingredients of strawberry delight
c. to explain the ways of making strawberry delight
d. to describe the taste of strawberry delight
7. How much milk do we need to make strwaberry delight ?
a. one fourth cup
b. two third cup
c. one cup
d. two cup
8. What should we do after we put all the main ingredients into the blender ? we should…
a. slice the fresh strawberries
b. pour them into glasses
c. grind the cinnamon
d. blend at high speed until smooth
9. Garnish with additionl fruit and mind sprigs if desired. the word “garnish” means…
10. “Due to many sharp coral, The visitors are prohibited to swim along this area.
Where do ussualy find the text?
a. at the lake
b. at the beach
c. at the river bank
d. at the swimming pool
Read the following message and answer questions 11 and 12
Dear Dan and Mum,
I want to tell you that uncle bob called yo when to were out. He said that he will be coming to semarang on the 9 a.m flight this sunday. We dont have to meet him at the airport. He’ll take a taxi to our house.
11. What is Franda’s purpose to write the message above?
a. to inform her parents that uncle Bob visit them
b. To ask her parents to pick up uncle bob at the airport
c. to remind her parents to stay at home next sunday
d. to tell her parents to meet uncle bob
12. From the text we can conclude that uncle bob will go to semarang by…
Read the following text and answer questions 13 and 15
The washington park Zoo monkey island is closed indefinitely due to deterioration of exhibition. After 80 years of operation, the exhibition is considered no longer safe to exhibit monkeys or to be services by zoo employees.
MOnkey island will be closed until further notice and will eventually be restored after major renovation take place. The zoo has plans to design a new modern monkey island exhibit and will unveil those once they have been set.
13. Why did the government close the monkey island? because…
a. It will hold an exhibition
b. it is no longer safe for visitors
c. it does not get fund for its renovation
d. the zoo employees served the visitors badly
14. “….adn will unveil those once they have been set (paragraf 1).
the underlined word means
15. The announcement tell us about…
a. the exhibition of the monkey
b. the renovation of monkey island
c. the new modern design of the zoo
d. the close sure of monkey island
Sumber Dari: http://www.guru-idcom
Text for number 1 to number 4
SEA GAMES SEA games are the sport competition between countries in south East Asia. The event is held every other year. SEA games are carried cut in line with founding of ASEAN.
ASEAN has aims to promote solidarity among the nation in south East Asia. There for, all ASEAN members automatically participate in the event. They are represented by their best athletes. They complete to get the most medals.
The medals for the firs winner is gold, silver for the second and the third winner gets the bronze medal. At first the game were participated by Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore. Those country three countries were called Malayan Peninsula. Then, since 1997, the event was participated by all AESAN members.
1. How often the SEA games take place? a.Every years b. every 2 years c. twice in a years d. every 4 years
2. The aim of SEA games is…. a. To compete in sport event b. to become the winner c. To get gold medals d. the promote solidarity among the participant
3. The main idea of the third paragraph is … a. Malayan peninsula countries b. history of SEA games c. Athletes d. the 1977 SEA games
4. They are represented by ……(par 2) The word “they” in the sentence refers to …. a. ASEAN countries b. SEA games c. Athletes d. the events.
Text for number 5 to number 10
BRI BRI is one of the biggest commercials Bank in Indonesia. Its units spread out almost in every sub district, event though in remote area. For villagers, BRI is the main choose to save their money, to transfer their money and to have loans. BRI has 5 days opening from 8 am to 3 pm of public service.
The staff businesses can been seen since it opens. Therefore, BRI always tries to improve its better service in order fulfill the customer’s needs. The customers vary from farmers, teachers, students, traders and businessmen. BRI provides the customer with some kind of accounts, such as simpedes, simaskot, BRI-Tama, ATM, BRI-Syariah and others. To handle those services, the bank staffs are always ready for their customer.
5. The type the above text is… a. Descriptive b. report c. recount d. explanation
6. For villager BRI is the main choose to have loans. The underlined word means …. a. Amount of money kept in a bank b. amount of money borrowed from a bank c. Amount of money sent though a bank d. amount of money paid to bank as interest
7. How long does the bank serve the customers everyday? a. 8 hours b. 3 hours c. 5 hours d. 7 hours
8. From the text we can conclude that the bank customers are … a. Vary professions b. the businessmen c. The villager d. the trader
9. What kind of account is mostly the villager used? a. ATM b. BRI-Tama c. Simaskot d. Simpedes
10. The main idea of paragraph 3 is ….. a. The Bank staff are always ready to serve the customers b. Simpedes is one of the Bank service c. Various kind of accounts the Bank provides d. Various kind of the Bank customers
11. A doctor usually uses a ……. to check the patients heart beat. a. Stethoscope b. medicine c. syringe d. tension meter
12. Work of surgery is usually held in…. a. Laboratory b. Radiology department c. Operating theatre d. Maternity section
13. If you want to check in a hotel, who will you meet first? a. The bellboy b. The manager c. The receptionist d. The room boy
This text for Question no 14 to no 16
Pancasila Sakti Monument This historical monument is situated in lubang buaya village. It is built to commemorate the seven national heroes who are kinapped and killed by communist rebels. Visiting this place can make our deep feeling as if we are involved and we can imagine how cruel and violence the rebels did to uor generals at that time.
The dioramas performed, even make us tremble and want to do vegeance. Parts of the monument area are death well, communist rebellion museum, original houses used by the communist to arrange their plan and strategy before their real movement on the 30th of September 1965 and some real evidence left by our Revolution general. Pancasila Sakti monument is one of historical that to defend our independence is a heavier duty that to get it.
14. The aim of building the monument is to…. a. Provide a tourist resort b. Make us feel vengeance to communist c. Commemorate the revolution d. Defend our independent
15. From the text we can say that the rebels are…. a. Very brave to kidnap the generate b. Cruel and Violence c. Commemorate the Revolution heroes d. Vengeance and independent
16. What is paragraph one about? a. The location of the monument b. The cruel action of the rebels c. The measurement of the monument d. The aim of the building the monument
17. My father washes his motor 3 times a week The passive voice of the sentences is…. a. My father is washed his motor 3 times a week b. My father’s motor is washed 3 times a week c. My father’s motor washes three times a week d. My father is washing his motor 3 times a week
18. The hotel has opened the staff’s meeting at 10 this morning. Change into passive voice! a. The director has opened the meeting at 10 this morning b. The meeting has been opened by the director at 10 this morning c. The meeting has opened by the director at 10 this morning d. The director opened the meeting at 10 this morning
19. fast-Rossi-motorcycle-always-his-drivers 1 2 3 4 5 6 The correct order is…. a. 2-6-5-3-1-4 b. 2-4-6-5-3-1 c. 2-4-1-6-5-3 d. 2-6-4-5-1-3
20. Lina : You know? our basket ball team will play in the final match! Aan : ……………………………………… The suitable expression to respond the news is…. a. It’s all right b. Yes, I like it c. It’s a good news d. Congratulation